Thursday, 25 July 2013

Lemon Butter Bread (ONLY 5 Ingredients?!?)

I was initially going to post a recipe for my homemade garlic butter bread however, after experimenting with several different butters, I realized that I enjoyed my lemon butter bread the most. I wasn't going to dedicate a whole blog post to this because it is SO simple to make however, this deliciousness just had to be shared. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:
1) 1 Lemon
2) 1 tbsp. Butter
3) Salt
4) Pepper
5) French Crusty Bread

Preparation:
1) Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a bowl
2) Add 1 tbsp. butter, salt & pepper to bowl
3) Heat mixture in microwave for 40 seconds or until melted
4) Cut French crusty bread into slices 
and using pastry brush, apply butter glaze onto bread
5) Place glazed bread into oven at 350 degrees until golden brown (2-5 min)



Voila, you are all done! You should now have some delicious lemon butter bread; ready to devour. The bread literally acts like a sponge; soaking in all of that lemony goodness! Here's a quick tip: when I'm pressed for time, I skip the whole oven business and pop the glazed bread into a toaster!

Try out this super quick and easy lemon butter bread and let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg this looks so delicious. Tbh, when you first told me about lemon butter bread, I never imagined you put the bread with the lemon on it in the oven after. I thought it would be made inside the bread or just a lemon spread to put on after. This seems really easy and really tasty! I've never heard of this before. Thanks for sharing.

MaquillaGINA said...

I never heard of it as well but I was too lazy to make my own garlic butter so I opted to try something new (and a whole lot faster might I add) and it ended up being delicious. Thanks for your comment!

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! Gotta try it sometimes!

MaquillaGINA said...

Thank you, Rainy! :)

Leena said...

This is such an odd recipe. I would never think to mix lemon and butter. I'm gonna try this :)