We all know the classic 5-layer dip and we all know how unbelievably
unhealthy it can become if we use ingredients such as high-fat sour cream and
tons of cheese. These ingredients are what make a nacho dip an absolute home
run for me but I thought I would try to make a healthier version of this much
loved party-favourite. Here’s what you’ll need:
INGREDIENTS:
INGREDIENTS:
PREPARATION:
1. Mix yogurt and taco mix to create 1st layer of your dip.
2. Place one layer of lettuce on top of the yogurt mix, followed by 1 layer of tomatoes followed by 1 layer of green peppers and finish off with 1 layer of shredded cheese (Note: in the pictures, I opted to put the cheese directly on my nachos with additional lettuce and tomatoes which I then heated in the oven)
![]() |
| 5 Layer Dip - yogurt, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers & cheese (I decided to place the cheese directly onto the nachos instead of placing it as a layer on the dip) |
Voila, you are all done. One healthy nacho/chip dip ready in seconds! As you can see in the pictures, I opted to place the cheese directly onto the nachos which I then placed in the oven on broil for about 5 minutes. I also added some additional lettuce and tomatoes onto the nachos. Besides the chips, this is a pretty healthy dip. If you wanted to be uber healthy, I would skip the chips and use this as more of a vegetable dip!
![]() |
| These are the nachos I made to go along with the dip - cheese, tomatoes & lots of lettuce! |









7 comments:
Oh my goodness, this seems delicious! Tbh, I'm glad your dip is meat free. I'm a girl who loves her meat, but when it comes to nachos, I'd rather it meatless. This looks really delicious, but I'm just not sure about the yogurt. I've only ever tried yogurt as a snack lol. But one day, I'll surely try this!
Thank you for sharing your super duper healthy nacho dip!
<3333.
Thank you for your lovely comment! I used yogurt as a substitute for sour cream :) If you like sour cream, I'm sure you'll like the yogurt.
Oh okay, sounds good!
This looks so yummy!
mmm this looks just like nacho's Kelsey's used to make!!!
@Lina - Every since Kelsey's changed their fully loaded nachos to those horrible korito nachos, I've been making nachos at home! They taste like the same thing too! My bank account has thanked me ;)
yum
Post a Comment