Recently, I've been trying to drink ONLY water. To be perfectly honest, I've gained a little bit of weight over the winter months and I thought that one of the best and healthier ways to lose that weight would be to cut out the fizzy sodas and juices and just drink plain ol' water. Unfortunately, that is easier said than done. For those of you that have tried this in the past, you know what I mean. Water just tastes so blah in comparison to orange juice or coke (two of my past go-to drinks). I know that there are a lot of flavour packs for water on the market like crystal light and what not but I've been trying to go all natural. In attempt to making my water taste more flavourful, I have begun adding fruit to it and letting it refrigerate over night. The end result is a naturally sweetened and extremely refreshing flavoured drink. For those of you interested in making your own, here is what you'll need:
Ingredients:
1. 1 Pitcher of Water
2. Fruit (which ever you prefer)
3. 1 Lemon or 1 Lime (which ever you prefer)
Preparation:
Sunday, 4 August 2013
Home-made Fruit Flavoured Water (Newest Obsession!)
1. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon/lime into a glass pitcher
2. Slice your fruit and add to lemon/lime juice (more fruit = more flavour)
3. Add water to pitcher until full to top
4. Leave in refrigerator over night
Voila, you are all done! In the morning, you should have some tangy yet sweet flavoured water. This recipe is so simple! The more fruit you add, the more flavourful your water will become! Keep in mind that you want to choose fruits with a higher sugar content so that they will actually sweeten your water! You could also add some mint leaves or other herbs if you want to be really fancy.
PS - When I don't have the time to actually cut up the fruit (or I'm just too lazy), I use frozen fruit which does the same trick (actually if you heat up the fruit in the microwave, the sugars are released which you can add to the water to instantly sweeten it up! You'd just need to give it an hour or two to chill).
What do you think of this simple DIY flavoured water?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
yummy :)
That looks so delicious~! Do you keep the fruits in while you drink? I hope I don't choke.
Yes, Britt. I keep the fruit in while I drink it. Use a straw if you're afraid of choking but I've had no problem with that. After I'm done with my drink; I eat the fruit :) - Gina
this looks amazing!
Thank you very much, Rainy :) It's a different twist on lemonade!
Post a Comment